Features of OSA. Speed of OCM.
Proximion has created the market's most advanced optical layer monitoring product series – WISTOM. It combines the features of an optical spectrum analyzer and a fast optical channel monitor, aimed at long haul and metropolitan DWDM network supervision.
Keep Track of Your Optical Layer with WISTOM
Measure key parameters for each channel in a DWDM network
Detect disturbances anywhere in the wavelength band
Perform long-term data acquisition and trend analysis
Supervise network quality through key values and customized reports
Prevent and localize faults with remote connections
Predict failures before they affect network performance
Detect intermittent disturbances and power dips by fast and accurate monitoring
Validating Quality of Service
As system vendors continuously strive to perfect optical communication equipment, network operator requirements for monitoring and controlling system performance grow. In recent years, numerous applications have emerged where Optical Layer Monitoring is crucial. WISTOM secures your optical communication layer by validating Quality of Service (QoS).
Not Like Other Solutions
- Detailed spectrum analysis, not just coarse power measurements
- Measures any modulation format, channel spacing and bit rate
- Detects disturbances in the millisecond range
- Software based analysis – simple configuration and customization
Technical Specification at a Glance
The fastest optical spectrum analyzer on the market. Scans a full spectrum in 40 microseconds
Integrated optical switch provides monitoring of up to 2048 channels in sixteen fibers. Powerful embedded software that performs intelligent analysis of the measured data
Monitors any DWDM system; regardless of system vendor, channel spacing, modulation technology, data format or bit rate
Provides accurate OPM functionality with 100Gbit/s, 40Gbit/s, 10Gbit/s and 2.5Gbit/s in the same link
One Unit Any Application
WISTOM can be applied to complex channel plans containing line grids with variable spacing at both low and very high dense channels. The continuous full-spectrum, real-time channel monitoring of WISTOM ensures an effective scanning of all relevant optical parameters. Thus, the WISTOM unit acts as an all-in-one monitor of any WDM optical network.
The increasing complexity in optical communication networks makes it more important to monitor parameter drift. Selected channel quality parameters can be sampled and recorded over time. Thereby, degradations become evident and balancing countermeasures can be applied. Also, performance data can be used to anticipate requirements for network growth/augmentation.
Powerful Software Packages
By distributing WISTOM units in critical nodes in your DWDM network and connecting them to WISTOM Network Monitoring System (WNMS) you will get instant access to the optical layer with one software. Key parameters for each monitored channel as well as historical information is easily accessible through an optimized interface.
The WISTOM Software Development Kit (SDK) simplifies your integration of one or several WISTOM units to a customized software application.
The WISTOM Principle
- A small portion of the signal enters into WISTOM
- Signal passes through circulator towards a broadband FBG
- FBG is reflecting all wavelengths within C-band
- C-band signal enters circulator again
- Light is directed towards a scanning filter
- An actuator creates an acoustic pulse that locally changes refractive index of the FBG
- A part of the signal is reflected in the chirped FBG
- The part of the signal that is not reflected is transmitted towards the optical detector
- The optical detector receives and stores the data