Creative Mechanical Engineer/Opto-Mechanical Designer
The R&D team at Proximion is bringing research level technology to industrial applications. We design and develop everything from advanced optical filters to complete fiber optic sensor systems including customized sensors, analyzers and software. We are now looking for a creative mechanical engineer/opto-mechanical designer to join our team and help bring state of the art technology to new industries.
You will be a part of a team developing customized fiber-optic systems for harsh environment industries. The technical challenges include high temperature and humidity, limited space and material choices, in addition to high requirements on reliability and robustness of the system. Your work will also include traditional mechanical engineer tasks such as producing drawings for our products as well as designing and manufacturing of our in-house production equipment. You will work in close collaboration with a very experienced mechanical designer, who will provide you with the necessary introductions to our CAD and PLM systems and be an inexhaustible source of mechanical know-how.
What you'll do
- Conceptual design of customized mechanical solutions for industrial fiber optical applications
- Produce and maintain necessary drawings and designs using SolidWorks
- Communicate with our suppliers and customers mechanical designers
- Travel to on-sight locations for conceptual design input and system installations
- Solve mechanical problems involving chemical, physical and thermal matters
Who you are
- You are an MSc with a degree in mechanics, physics, aeronautics or material science
- You have 5-10 years of work experience from mechanical work in many different fields
- You have passion for mechanics and good understanding of the underlying physics
- You enjoy practical mechanical work and are comfortable working in mechanical workshops
- You may have experience from CAD and PLM systems but are not necessarily an expert
- You enjoy learning, working and growing in a team with high technical ambitions
- You can follow and participate in technical communications in Swedish
About Proximion AB
Proximion is a technology leader within fiber optic solutions. With only 20 employees of which a third are senior PhD’s we are a small company with extensive know-how and high aspirations. Today we serve the majority of the Tier-1 system vendors in the telecommunication industry with system critical solutions. Our near term focus is to grow our optic sensor business unit, targeting the global process industry. We see a large interest for fiber optics and a strong desire to replace traditional sensors with fiber sensors. We are convinced that our continued success is all about the people.
Proximion is headquartered in Kista, Sweden and is part of the Hexatronic Group listed on the NASDAQ Stockholm exchange (HTRO). Learn more about Proximion at www.proximion.com.
How to apply
To apply for this position or if you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Gunnar Hedin firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply before May 21, 2017. We look forward to read your personal letter and CV.