Development Engineer in Fiber Optics
The R&D team at Proximion is bringing research level technology to industrial applications. We design and develop everything from advanced optical filters to complete fiber optic sensor systems including customized sensors, analyzers and software. We are now looking for a passionate engineer to join our team and help bring state of the art technology to new industries. You will be part of all aspects of our development projects with an emphasize on hands-on physics investigations, prototyping, measurements and test. Above all, you will work in an inspiring, yet challenging, environment with a high degree of flexibility and great opportunities.
What you'll do
- Hands-on construction of fiber optic prototypes for test and evaluation
- Design and execute test-series for verification of fiber optical concepts
- Perform measurements and analysis in lab environment
- Theoretical and experimental investigations of material properties
- Solve problems involving chemical, physical and thermal matters
Who you are
- You have a passion for and deep understanding of physics
- You enjoy spending time in a lab, workshops and industry
- You are an MSc or PhD that despite years of schooling is eager to learn
- You have 2-5 years of work experience but can also be a new Ph.D. graduate
- You have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- You are already an experimentalist or are willing to add that mindset
- You enjoy learning, working and growing in a team
- You can follow and participate in technical communications in Swedish
About Proximion AB
Proximion is a technology leader within fiber optic solutions. With only 20 employees of which a third are senior PhD’s we are a small company with extensive know-how and high aspirations. Today we serve the majority of the Tier-1 system vendors in the telecommunication industry with system critical solutions. Our near term focus is to grow our optic sensor business unit, targeting the global process industry. We see a large interest for fiber optics and a strong desire to replace traditional sensors with fiber sensors. We are convinced that our continued success is all about the people.
Proximion is headquartered in Kista, Sweden and is part of the Hexatronic Group listed on the NASDAQ Stockholm exchange (HTRO). Learn more about Proximion at www.proximion.com.
How to apply
To apply for this position or if you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Gunnar Hedin email@example.com. Apply before May 21, 2017. We look forward to read your personal letter and CV..